Wyoming History Scenes
Fetterman fight site marker, 2010.
Hat Creek Schoolhouse/Clubhouse, Niobrara County, 2006
Ranch A Lodge, Crook County. Phil Roberts photo
Deer enjoying the October grass growing north of the Rawlins Police Department. Smart deer, hanging around for police protection during hunting season! Photo by Phil Roberts.
Ram's head snuff box, on rollers in order to maneuver it easier around a large table, used in gentlemen's clubs in the late 19th century. This example is in the Scottish National Museum in Edinburgh. A near duplicate is held in the collections of the American Heritage Center, University of Wyoming. Phil Roberts photo.
This mural of a Pony Express rider changing mounts was the work of E. E. Stevens (1872-1938), artist and Van Tassell area homesteader who executed the painting under contract with the WPA. The painting is one of four that originally hung in the Torrington High School Auditorium. The paintings were saved when the auditorium was razed and re-hung in the lobby of the new Torrington High School. Photo by Phil Roberts, September 2008.
Plaster model of Wyoming Diplodocus dinosaur made from casts of bones excavated at Como Bluff, Wyoming. The pictured casting was given by philanthropist Andrew Carnegie to the Natural History Museum, London, dedicated formally on May 12, 1905. This photograph was taken 100 years to the day of the dedication. Tom Rea, author of Bone Wars: The Excavation and Celebrity of Andrew Carnegie's Dinosaur (University of Pittsburgh Press, 2000), was a guest speaker in Phil Roberts' History of Wyoming class in 2006. (Photo by Phil Roberts)
A deer in the neighborhood. Beulah, Wyoming, 2006.
Return to Wyoming History Homepage